Monday, April 27, 2009

Something New Under The Sun

New to me, anyway. And I thought I was fairly up to date on Internet possibilities.

Last night, I discovered Blog Carnivals, yet another interesting idea from the folks at Google. A carnival is, well, a sideshow of blogs, I guess, all concerned with a specific subject. I was searching for horse blogs and found the Horse Carnival, where a number of writers post a link to a horse topic at their blog.

So if you click on the merry go round horse at right, you'll go to The Carnival of Horses, a list of blogs on horse topics. There are archives from previous months, too. I can't vouch for the quality or accuracy of any blog but mine. Still, it's interesting to see what others have to say about the horse world. For me, it's a chance to draw more readers to my blog, which I'd love to do. The Internet is about links, about connections. I've made some dear friends across the Web. I don't see it as entertainment so much as a way to communicate.

As a writer, I'm driven to communicate.

Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. Lovely picture of "the girls" over the fence, but T-Bone is still my favorite.

    My reaction to horses isn't as strong as yours, but their pictures do give me a smile. : )

    Let's see if I've figured out how to post.

    pamb

    ReplyDelete